Lakeside Adventure Awaits
Historic Charm. Countless Amenities.
Welcome to Port Washington
Prairie’s Edge is conveniently located in Port Washington, Wisconsin and is an easy walk to downtown Port Washington where there are several food and drink options, shops and activities like fishing, diving, biking or kayaking. Port Washington is a festival town; Pirate Daze in June, Fish Day, the single day, largest outdoor fish fry in July, Christmas on the corner in December and Farmer Markets in the winter, spring, summer and fall.
Port Washington and its leadership have implemented a comprehensive economic plan that has enhanced the overall vibrancy of Port Washington through retail, commercial, cultural and residential growth.
Coastal Town Living
Historic Port Washington
Over the years, as the metro Milwaukee area and Ozaukee County have grown, Port Washington has retained its natural, historic small town, fishing village charm that appeals to those seeking the natural beauty and amenities of lake front living. Coastal Living Magazine named the city one of the top 10 harbor communities in the United States.
The heart of the city is its 225-deep slip marina and on summer weekends the city has over 30,000 visitors but is home to over 11,500 residents. The Port Exploreum, historical lighthouse and the Historical Society are great places to discover all that created Port Washington.
A Recreational Mecca
Adventure Awaits You
Year-round activities surround you in Port Washington. It’s a haven for outdoor enthusiasts with easy access to Lake Michigan for fishing, sailing, kayaking, paddle-boarding, scuba diving ship wrecks right off Port Washington shores and more. Nature lovers will enjoy all the nearby parks for bird watching, butterflying, hiking, trailing and more. Take advantage of the many snowmobiling trails, galleries, museums, and waterparks.
Nearby Lion’s Den State Park provides almost a mile of shoreline access for a great vantage point to view birds, spring and fall migrations and offers visitors 73 acres of trails for hiking. The Ozaukee interurban trail is a 30-mile paved trail that spans the entire length of Ozaukee County and provides a great off-road experience year-round for biking, in-line skating, walking, running and cross-country skiing. South beach is great for walking and only an easy 7 minute walk from Prairie’s Edge.
Prairie’s Edge is conveniently located to many great attractions and adventures not far away.
Life’s Conveniences Nearby
Everything you need so close by
Prairie’s Edge is conveniently located to key area employers, hospitals, clinics and big box retailers.
- Under 10 minutes to Aurora Medical Center in Grafton
- Under 10 minutes to Costco, Target, Meijer, Kohl’s and Home Depot (among many others)
- 12 minutes to Ascension Columbia St. Mary’s Ozaukee Hospital
- 14 minutes to Concordia University in Mequon
- 22 minutes to Rockwell Automation in Mequon
- 26 minutes to the headquarters of Acuity Insurance in Sheboygan
- 32 minutes to Kohler Corporation, one of Wisconsin’s largest and longest standing employer
- 32 minutes to West Bend Mutual Insurance Company headquarters
- 35 minutes to downtown Milwaukee central business district
- 35 minutes to Arts, Entertainment, Brewers, The Bucks and Admirals in Milwaukee County
- 45 minutes to General Mitchell Airport International Airport
- 45 minutes to Road America
- 50 minutes to Erin Hills, site of the 2017 US Open Championships
- 90 minutes to the Home of the Green Bay Packers
Our Future is Bright
Experience the schools of Port Washington-Saukville
The Port Washington/Saukville Schools are committed to technology education and career readiness and have a large S.T.E.A.M (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art & Mathematics) community-wide partnership with over 30 industrial, manufacturing and business partners.
Both the high school and elementary schools have undertaken major construction projects to remodel and build a like-new high school and additional classrooms and entrance for the elementary school.
Learn more about the Port Washington school district.
- Several Elementary Schools
- Thomas Jefferson Middle School
- Port Washington High School